Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Picking up the Brazilian Tourist Visa

Monday, January 14 – Day 26

The Brazilian tourist visa should be done today, so I looked at the web site for the Brazilian consulate in Buenos Aires. It says that you can only pick up a tourist visa between 4:00 and 5:00 pm. I got there just after 4:00, and the security guard (same guy as before) said that they were closed. “Visa pickups are only between 12:00 and 1:00”, he told me. I mention the web-site, which he said he knew was incorrect. Nevertheless, he had no interest in helping me, even though there were still other people in the pick-up line. Looks like I’ll be coming back tomorrow – just like the Indian guy that was in front of me on the day that I submitted my application. Luckily, there were less than 8 people on the elevator as I left.

No comments: