Thursday, March 13, 2008

Houston, We Have a Problem

I looked at the calendar today and realized that I only have 2 months left before my scheduled return. The two extra weeks I spent here in Floripa were fabulous, but my list of things to do is long, and I now may have some serious issues with fitting everything in as planned. Looks like I can push my flight back by a month for a fee of only $150.00. Not bad. I sent an e-mail to my tenant asking him if he’d like to stay another month.

Otherwise, my outside constraint is that I want to be home for Memorial Day and the Indy 500. I’ve got 30 races under my belt, and from here on out, I’m just not going to miss one. Ever.

I also think I’m carrying around too much stuff. Up to now, I’ve had mostly longer stays, but this will change soon as I will start to move around more frequently. I’m going to have to start pitching things to reduce the load. One mistake I made was bringing too many of my favorite t-shirts. Like the San Diego Harley shirt. When I bought my bike, my salesman Thor handed me the shirt, shook my hand, and said “Welcome to the family”. It’s also the shirt I was wearing when I had that little incident in Mexico – a great story since it all turned out OK. I can’t just throw that away. Same with the Admiral Nelson’s Rum shirt that I got in Australia. I don’t really remember how I got it, but it holds a lot of great memories now. And now I have the Quilmes Beer shirt from Buenos Aires. The Lotado shirt from Rio. The surf school shirt that Evandro gave me. This is a problem.

No comments: