Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Surf School




Saturday, Feb 9 – Day 54

Surf school starts at 8:30 am, and runs for an hour and a half. Evandro Santos is the proprietor, and he runs the small shop with his wife Vanessa and two other young guys. I had six or seven people in my group, and it was a lot of fun. After some instruction on the beach, we entered a shallow area and took turns being pushed into a wave with instructions on when to pop up. It all seemed pretty easy and everyone was able to stand up and actually surf a little.

After the lesson, I found a little place on the beach for lunch called Beer Praia (“praia” is Portuguese for beach). Regis (remember the R is pronounced like a J), my waiter, is great kid that’s been living here for about 5 years. He speaks pretty good English, which he picked up from one of his roommates Dan, who is from Aspen.

After Regis hears my story, he introduces me to table of Chilean girls and tells them that I’d like to practice my Spanish. I like this guy, and I think that I will be coming here for lunch every day.

No comments: